A Little Taste of Everything!

THE RECIPE OF HAPPINESS!

Weekly Top Posts

Friday, December 31, 2021

Snowflake 2







 I realized after exchanging gifts with my daughter, I had forgotten to make her a handmade gift. So first I crocheted a cup of cocoa on Christmas Eve night, even added cotton ball marshmallows. It turned out larger than expected, so I went to the Quilling box on Christmas morning, since my hubby and I came up with our financially poor Christmas idea of “Gifts of Christmases Past” where we mess with gifts we received in the past and hadn’t touched in a while. His was a PS4 machine, mine was Quilling also known as Paper Filigree. 



I started on Snowflake #2 from the book, The Art of Paper Quilling. All was going nicely at this point, or so I thought. It ended up sticking to the cork work board, I had to chisel it off. I had little pieces of cork all attached to my beautiful Snowflake. Yeah, I screamed “Noooooo!” In agony. It was also a bit flimsy for sure after trying to get it off that cork. I grabbed a paint brush and some Mod Podge, it stiffened nicely. Then I painted over the cork with Liquitex Basic White paint. Added more Mod Podge where needed and tossed some glitter on that sucker to make it sparkle and  called it done!



I entered into the challenge at

Winner announced


I entered into the challenge at 

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2022/01/pp572-theme-challenge-from-ann.html

Winners announced


Entered the challenge at 

 https://peaceonearthchristmas.blogspot.com/

Winner announced! 





5 comments:

Diane said...

WOW, what a stunning snowflake, a treasure for sure! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace on Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

Ann Schach said...

What a pretty snowflake ornament, Angela! I bet it really sparkles with the glitter. It looks gorgeous hanging on the tree. I am so glad you shared it in my "sparkly" challenge at The Paper Players!

Christy Lynn said...

I hate that sinking feeling when a project starts to go sideways, but it sure is nice when I find a way to salvage it! Way to go with saving your project after the cork board tried to sabotage it. The quilling looks so elegant and I bet it's sparkly in person! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Angela, your snowflake ornament is stunning! The quilling is so awesome and I just love all of the beautiful detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Christine Harrop said...

Wow, this is a stunning snowflake! Thanks for sharing it with us at IAAS this time. We would love to see you again. Christine DT x