Here it is the July square for the CAL 2013 at Ravelry.com
This Months Top Treats
This weeks challenge at Through The Craft Room Door is sponsored By: Hetty Clare Shop BLURB: I’m Helen Pearce and I am an ill...
For my card I am using this adorable image this week at Rabisco Challenges from MMedel Illustrations our sponsor this week, I am also usi...
Our sponsor this week at Through The Craft Room Door is: The Paper Shelter The Paper Shelter Shop Ice...
Monday, July 29, 2013
This summer I joined a group at the blog Slugs on the Refrigerator, the group is called Crochet Camp. She is giving lessons on basic crochet and then following with projects. The granny squares above were part of one of the projects.. I enjoyed making them so much that I continued ... I have about seven squares now and decided that I would try and use up this yarn I had from another project and possibly turn these squares into a baby afghan. Just 81 squares in all, so I am 74 squares shy of an afghan...Wish me luck!
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Here it is the June square for the CAL 2013 at Ravelry.com. I finally figured it out! Sheesh! In all honesty my squares should be worked a few times till I really get it right but I try my best at getting just one descent square for that months crochet a long. I agree that I should try harder, but at the end of the year I should have twelve of the 12" squares to put together into an afghan. They may not be perfectly square and that is what I am a little afraid of. But even a crooked blanket will keep you warm...lol! I let no yarn go to waste!
These crochet circles are suppose to turn into squares. The one on the left was my first attempt and somehow I lost stitch count and it wasn't working out, I also ran out of the black yarn so on my second attempt I did not have the black as you see. The circle on the right is just before it was suppose to turn into a square and at first it was more of a diamond shape I pulled it out tried again then it turned into a lopsided square.. I counted my stitches and somewhere I got off count again! UGH!!! So I tuned it into a potholder of sorts and I will practice this square again till it is square. It is one of the 12 in my Crochet A Long 2013 at Ravelry.com.
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Okay so I wasn't the main winner but I was in the Top 3 Pick! How exciting is that! VERY EXCITING! I made the Top 3 pick with my card for the Button It Up Shapely card.
Thank you so much to those at the Corrosive Challenge whom picked me as one of the Top 3! I am so overjoyed!
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
THEME : 'Fancy fold and handmade flowers"
This week it is time to start the new challenge at Digistamps4Joy!
My card shown above with two digi images from the store! My Handmade flower with button center is a little hard to see in photo on bottom left of the front of the card.
- Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenges - 2W, 2E, C10 - No. 4 - Week 2 - Summer
- Color Throwdown - Colors*
- Crafts and Me - 2W, 2E - #139 Anything Goes (ends Aug 21)
- Crafty Creations - #232 Summer
- Divas by Design - 2E - Anything Goes
- 365 Cards - daily, Word Wednesdays - Butterfly
- Inklings and Yarns - 3E, JFF - Always Anything Goes
- Inky Impressions - SIO - #118 Birthday
- Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge - M, must use a stamp - anything goes
- Nutcrafters - 2W, SIR for 1st prize, any image for 2nd Prize, 1E - #48 Summer Sunshine fun
- Paper Shelter Challenge -3E, SIO - #122 Anything Goes
- Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog - 2W, 3E, No Digital layouts - #11 Anything goes (2nd week)
- Ruby's Rainbow - 2W, JFF, C10 - #59 Layers
- Stamp n Doodle - C10, SIO- music on site - Summer
- Stampin' Royalty - C3 - #186 Colors*
- Whimsical Designs - 1E- Pile it on
- Whimsy Inspiration -M, 3E, SIO - Ribbon and Lace (ends Aug 07)
- WordArt Wednesdays - 5E - word art freebie OR use an encouraging uplifting sentiment -Anything goes
- As You Like it Challenge - 2W, E3- (1 of 2) Favorite Fancy Fold and why
- C.R.A.F.T. - W, 5E -#217 For the Girls
- Charisma Cardz - W, 3E, C10 - #29 Make your own embellishment...must state what you made
- Crafty Ribbons - W, SIO - #54 Anything with a ribbon
- Happy Campers - M, 3E - #20 (W1 of 4) Summer
- Inspired By - W, C5 -#85
- Bloggers - W, JFF – They Say It's Your Birthday
- Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - W, 3E – No. 134 - Anything Goes
- Cut it Up- 2W, 1E, Must have Die Cuts - No. 24 - Week 1 - Summer
- Delicious Doodles - W, 1E, SIO – No. 46 - Summer Time
- * Graph'It Colour Challenge - W (can use any alcohol markers) - Blonde Hair
- Inspire Me Fridays– W - No. 113 - Anything Goes!
- Pattie's Creations - 2W, 2E, SIO, include an image – Challenge 72 -Week 1 - Recipe (use 3 of these: Buttons, Charms, Flowers, Gems/Pearls, Glitter, Ribbon, or Sentiment
- Sister Act Card Challenge - W, Cards. - No. 17 - Anything Goes
- Colour Me Creative Challenge -2W, 3E - #73 (W2 of 2) through Aug 2 Anything Goes
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
At Digistamps4Joy we are challenging you to -A shaped card with buttons
Simple! Any shape, if you think about it all cards are shaped, but we would love it if you joined in with the fun and maybe make your card a different shape to the norm. Then add a button/s. Told you, easy! So strut your stuff over to the blog and show us your wonderful creations.
For my card I used digi images from the Garden set! I had some scrap left over of that beautiful ribbon! Just love how it turned out!
Challenge #71 runs from 10 - 23 July 2013
- 613 Avenue Create - W - Anything Goes (optional: Birthday)
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge - 2W, Must use stamp- 2nd week) Lots of Layers (this challenge will be 4 weeks as the team takes a mini summer break)
- Catered Crop - 2W - (2nd week) Button Up (ends 20th July)
- Challenges 4 Everybody - 2W, 3E - (2nd week) Always Anything Goes
- Eclectic Ellapu - W, 2E - Flowers.
- Great Impressions - M, 3E, SIO - (July) Anything Goes
- No Matter Which Challenges - M, F, must use stamp (rubber or digi) - (July) Anything Goes this will the last challenge
- One Stitch At A Time - W, SIO - Use a digi
- Sunday Stamper - W, JFF - Build Me Up Buttercup.
- That Craft Place - 2W, 1E - (2nd week) Ribbons and/or Lace (ends 20th July)
- The Corrosive Challenges - 2W, 3E - (2nd week) Shape up (shape card)
- Colour Me Creative Challenge -2W, 3E - #72 (W2 of 2) through July 19, 2013 Anything Goes
- Creative Corner - W, 3E - No.27 - Anything Goes
- Inspire Me Fridays– W - No. 111 - Anything Goes!
- Just Add Ink – W, - No. 173 - Just Add...Water
- Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenges - 2W, 2E, C10 - No. 3 - Week 2 - Congratulations
- Sister Act Card Challenge - W, Cards. - No. 15 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Ribbons - W, SIO - #52 Anything goes with ribbon
- Dutch Dare Card Challenge - W, 2E, C8 - #225 Tic tac toe...
- Happy Campers - M, 3E - #19 (W3of 4) Bling
- Sugar Bowl - 4W, SIR, # 105- (W2 of 4) Anything Goes
Friday, July 5, 2013
I decided to use the digi in a tag.
This is the digi DS4J is offering as the freebie for July.
Monday, July 1, 2013
I had so much fun challenging myself in my first challenge at StampTV.com that I decided to do another challenge! Your chances at prizes for Gina K stamps are good if you use Gina K stamps within your card. (crossing my fingers this time) My second challenge I used the same stamp as the first challenge! I feel so creative! This Mondays challenge is.. make a patriotic card, but no red & blue. I hope they aren't picky about my colors, it looks blue in the photo but it is Teal & Cranberry mostly used here. :) My patriotism showing in my USA stamp as well as the Eagle stamp on my make believe envelope to a soldier.
The Play Date Cafe - W, #189