A Little Taste of Everything!

THE RECIPE OF HAPPINESS!

Weekly Top Posts

Monday, October 14, 2019

A Perfect Winters Day



I hadnt painted in a few weeks, and the hubby was starting to question whether I had already given up painting. I am a hobbyist so I like dabbling in all sorts of hobbies as you know. Last night, I pulled out the canvas, grabbed some paint and decided on a winter theme. I found a beautiful painting from Bob Ross’s Season 29, Episode 11 that inspired me. 


I spent hours trying to get my clouds just right. I ended up cleaning up the paint, and sleeping on it for a night, and after many more hours this morning I settled for my clouds. 


Next up, getting a mountain peak added that wasn’t repetitive triangle shapes. A distant forest at the edge of the mountains, and finished up with a grouping of winter foliage before allowing to dry before my next step.. the cabin. Eek! 


I was as nervous as the first day my hubby brought acrylic paint and a boat load of canvases for me to begin painting for the very first time. One thing about painting, when you finally get your painting looking good, you are very apprehensive about adding more to it, in fear you will mess it all up. After a little work, and more paint, the cabin was complete. I added a little more foliage, and some highlights. By bedtime, my painting was completed. :)

In all honesty, it may be the best one I have painted so far. 



No comments: