A Little Taste of Everything!

THE RECIPE OF HAPPINESS!

Weekly Top Posts

Friday, September 24, 2010

BacktoSchool Challenge 2010 - Grand Prize Winner is...


ME!! I know I can't believe it myself. When I entered the challenges I had no idea that there were even prizes to be won. I wanted to go out of my comfort zone and make cards I wouldn't normally have thought of for my Anysoldier.com card swaps. By doing these challenges I have realized something, I'm not so bad! Lol! I kind of like some of my cards! I wish I would have discovered these challenges before my last card swap. It was the All Occasion swap I think I have surpassed  a set of 20 cards. I have always been artistic I colored my parents siding in Crayola's as a young child. They so badly needed my design expertise at 4 years old or at least an Extreme Makeover show in the 70's! I remember my mother had this old table cloth that was like a plastic feeling matierial and I would place a piece of paper on top of it and rub my crayons on it to get the impression of the flowers on the cloth onto my paper. Not sure what I wanted the embossed crayon notebook paper for, but I liked it! I have had my Cuttlebug machine for 2 months now, I had no idea that they had a machine to give me embossed effects! So Great! I think it is my new best friend! Last Fall my bestie was the Cricut machine, I feel I have moved up! I will admit though I have tried to incorporate cut out images from the Cricut into my cards. To be honest I try to use up as much stuff as I can that I already have so that I can feel better about needing/buying new stuff! Speaking of new stuff, I have been saving for years to make a scrapbook and the piles are only getting bigger. I do not know why I am intimidated by making an entire scrapbook but intimidate -  eliminate because I won the Grand Prize for the Back to School Challenge 2010 at Simply Scrapping Crafts! I cannot wait to make a Scrapbook with this AWESOME prize!


No comments: