This Months Top Treats
At Christmas we received a surprise Christmas gift package in the mail from a family member we hadn't heard from in over a year. In app...
For what I'm labeling as yesterday's Operation One Skein, i not only made a cover for my paper clip canister, a wool hat, I was ...
It is time for the last challenge of June on Twisted Thursday at Outlawzchallenges.ning.com! This months sponsor is I will mak...
Sunday, January 3, 2016
Embroidered Monogrammed Handkerchief
After a couple trial and errors making this design I finally had one turn out perfect! My Dad has always been the guy to have a hanky in his pocket. So I thought what would be more fitting than a custom monogrammed hanky?
First off I ran out of bobbin thread during my first attempt so after I changed the bobbin I had issues with the loopity loo's and how thick the thread was coming out onto the hanky versus the way it went so smoothly on the first try. I found out that on my SE-400 Embroidery machine I had put my bobbin in upside down! I even looked at the picture drawings and thought I was doing it right. The great thing about Facebook there are a lot of groups to ask questions so I posted this picture and asked what am I doing wrong. That is when I found out that my bobbin may be in wrong. Flipped that baby over changed out the thread just to have the same color spool as the bobbin. I was so pleased to see that it was not the machine.