A Little Taste of Everything!

THE RECIPE OF HAPPINESS!

This Months Top Treats

Monday, August 23, 2010

Baking Banana Bread

Every once in a while I will find banana's marked down bundled in a bag. They are perfect for baking but not really my taste for snacking I prefer yellow closer to green banana's to snack on. ;) So far today I have baked 4 loaves of bread with my purchase, and two loaves of bread on Friday. I assumed I would have no problem passing out my bread to friends or family. I have been known to make a delicious tasting banana bread but had misplaced that great recipe and have searched for one that tastes similar to my favorite. This one is pretty darn tasty!! I used some scraps from my craft room to decorate the loaves with ribbons, cut out flowers and tags. The tags were created using my Cuttlebug Die and the flowers were using the Cricut machine.


Banana- Nut Bread

3 1/2 c. All Purpose Sifted flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
...1 tsp. salt

sift above ingredients together.

2 T. lemon juice
2 cups mashed bananas
3/4 c. softened butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs

3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. chopped walnuts or pecans

Stir lemon juice into mashed bananas. Mix butter and sugar till blended. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add ingredients to butter mixture alternately with milk, add about 1/3 flour mix half of the milk at a time, begin and end with flour. Fold in bananas & nuts into batter. Pour equal amounts into greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch pans Bake 350 for 50 - 55 minutes or till done. Makes 2 loaves.
Post a Comment