A Little Taste of Everything!

THE RECIPE OF HAPPINESS!

This Weeks Top Treats

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sweet 16

My daughter is celebrating a birthday soon. My husband and I agreed since our son is almost eighteen and we couldn't buy him a car that it just would not be right to get our daughter a car. So instead my husband had this crazy idea of a bedroom makeover. He feels boys do not have "Sweet 16" birthdays. She has been wanting her Dad to build her a bed for so long. She's 16 and a twin bed just won't work for her anymore. I don't know what the problem is. I slept in a twin up till my twenties. But she thinks she needs a bigger bed. Last weekend we purchased the new full mattress set and a TV for her room. She's been without a television in her room a few years, her last TV stopped coming on for some reason. We painted her room together. The last 4 days I have been working on her room. We painted the walls, trim, hung up blinds, the wall art, and I cleaned the carpets. As soon as her drapes arrive via UPS we will get them up. As for the custom bed that my husband, and our two boys are going to make for our daughter; it is still in the works. The Applique moldings arrived today and we hope to see something by this weekend.
Post a Comment

Where in the World is ...